RFR: 8246005: KeyStoreSpi::engineStore(LoadStoreParameter) spec mismatch to its behavior [v2]

Sean Mullan mullan at openjdk.java.net
Tue Dec 8 20:30:54 UTC 2020

On Tue, 8 Dec 2020 18:36:15 GMT, Hai-May Chao <hchao at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This is a spec change with noreg-doc label.
>
> Hai-May Chao has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Updated with implSpec tag

src/java.base/share/classes/java/security/KeyStoreSpi.java line 323:

> 321:      *          the keystore data could not be stored
> 322:      * @throws UnsupportedOperationException if the implementation
> 323:      *          has not overridden this method

I think we should keep this more general and just say "If the implementation does not support this operation". There may be legitimate cases in which an implementation may override this method but throw UnsupportedOperationException if it doesn't support particular aspects of the LoadStoreParameter.

src/java.base/share/classes/java/security/KeyStore.java line 1424:

> 1422:      * @throws    CertificateException if any of the certificates included in
> 1423:      *          the keystore data could not be stored
> 1424:      * @throws    UnsupportedOperationException if this method is not supported

I would change "method" to "operation" as it is a bit more consistent with the exception.