[CAUTION] RFR [XS]: 8237869: exclude jtreg test security/infra/java/security/cert/CertPathValidator/certification/LuxTrustCA.java because of instabilities - was : RE: jtreg test security/infra/java/security/cert/CertPathValidator/certification/LuxTrus

Sean Mullan sean.mullan at oracle.com
Mon Jan 27 15:29:19 UTC 2020

On 1/27/20 8:41 AM, Langer, Christoph wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> the entry in ProblemList.txt can't refer to 8237869, which is the bug that you're using to submit the exclusion. It must refer to the item that shall resolve the underlying issue which probably is Oracle's private bug that Sean referred to.
Right.

> @Sean: In the interest of backportability, I'd ask you to either open up the internal bug and supply its id. If that isn't possible, could you please create a new public item and have your internal bug refer to it?

I can't open it up because it contains internal network addresses. Even
if I scrub them out, I believe you could still see them in the History.

I would suggest that Matthias open a new public bug to track this issue
using the information in the Description of JDK-8237869, and I will then
mark 8237869 as a duplicate. You can assign that bug to me for now. Most
likely it is an issue that LuxTrust has to fix on their end, and once
that is fixed we can simply remove it from the ProblemList.

Thanks,
Sean