RFR[15] JDK-8245134: test/lib/jdk/test/lib/security/KeyStoreUtils.java should allow to specify aliases

Valerie Peng valerie.peng at oracle.com
Wed May 20 20:21:42 UTC 2020

Hi John,

- line 125, typo: "aliaes" should be "aliases"

- line 132: if aliases is not null, check its length is certStrs.length

- line 152, use the specified type instead of DEFAULT_TYPE?

- line 176, maybe it's better to just supply the type, clearer and less
dependency.

With this extra aliases argument, number of createTrustStore(...)
methods doubled from 2 to 4, number of createKeyStore(...) methods also
doubled from 4 to 8. Isn't it a bit much to have 8 methods doing the
same thing? Especially in the case of createKeyStore(...), quite a few
of them have long list of arguments with the same type, combining this
with the large number of methods, it can get confusing on which method
is called. How often do you think the aliases are supplied? Maybe we
only add methods which will be used instead of adding all possible
combinations.

Thanks,
Valerie