RFR: 8264208: Console charset API [v2]

Bernd Eckenfels ecki at zusammenkunft.net
Sat Apr 10 00:21:48 UTC 2021

Hello,

I like the API, it is useful, however not enough to replace the defaultCharset once the Change to UTF8 is done. You still need a way to query the platforms file encoding (especially on Windows).

Also I wonder if the Javadoc needs to discuss platform aspects of console, especially System.out and LANG on unix vs. windows.

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net