JEP411: Missing use-case: Monitoring / restricting libraries

Peter Firmstone peter.firmstone at zeus.net.au
Thu May 13 09:32:54 UTC 2021

So it targets 17.

Java 8 has planned support to 2030, longer than 17, it seems unlikely
the SecurityManager will still be present in an LTS release later than
17, given that 11 was the last, maybe 23 will be the next LTS version.
Of course these aren't OpenJDK considerations, maybe someone will decide
to support a version of Java that has it longer, or maybe they wont.

It would be nice to have certainty about which release it will be
removed from, for planning purposes.   Again it would seem that this
isn't a consideration of OpenJDK.

Is there an OpenJDK community project group that maintains older Java
versions I can join?

Regards,

Peter.

--