Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Apr 21 08:35:20 UTC 2023

On 21/04/2023 09:11, Eirik Bjørsnøs wrote:
> :
>
> Based on these observations, it seems running the TCK on a JRE without
> java.security.Identity should either be a non-issue, or it should
> require relatively small efforts to allow the TCK to run on such JREs.

I don't have access to the Java EE CTS or to the Jakarta equivalent.
However, both Sean and I have been involved in several discussions about
removing these APIs for several years.  There is uproar from legacy app
servers maintainers whenever it comes up as they seem to certify against
a wide range of both EE and JDK releases. I think we will eventually get
there but I don't think it can happen right now.

-Alan