RFR: JDK-8307794 Test for HSS/LMS Signature Verification [v5]

Sean Mullan mullan at openjdk.org
Tue May 23 19:06:58 UTC 2023

On Tue, 23 May 2023 17:14:42 GMT, Mark Powers <mpowers at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8307794
>
> Mark Powers has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   change class names and fix nit

test/micro/org/openjdk/bench/java/security/HSSLMS.java line 70:

> 68:     public void test01_RFC_8554() throws Exception {
> 69:         // RFC 8554 Test Case 1
> 70:         var pk = decode("""

If we are primarily interested in measuring the performance of the HSS/LMS verification, the decode parts should really be left out of that calculation and moved to `setup()` methods. Consider having separate inner/static subclasses for each test, and moving the decoding code to the `setup()` methods in each of those subclasses. See `test/micro/org/openjdk/bench/java/security/Signatures.java` for an example.