RFR: 8315968: Consolidate java.util.Digits and StringLatin1::PACKED_DIGITS [v10]

Claes Redestad redestad at openjdk.org
Mon Sep 11 19:06:42 UTC 2023

On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 18:58:56 GMT, Roger Riggs <rriggs at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> 温绍锦 has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   revert code format
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/util/DecimalDigits.java line 1:
>
>> 1: /*
>
> Can git be convinced to show this as a rename instead of a delete and add?
> The history will be cleaner.

I just looked it up and git actually doesn't have commands for renames like hg, but rather decides if something is a delete+add or a rename based on the amount of changes. Too many changes and it'll automatically look like a remove+add.

Which is yet another argument for splitting up this in multiple PRs. One to move, one to refactor.