RFR: JDK-8315042 NPE in PKCS7.parseOldSignedData [v2]

Weijun Wang weijun at openjdk.org
Fri Sep 22 13:06:12 UTC 2023

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 19:15:52 GMT, Valerie Peng <valeriep at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I can do that. My primary motivation for using the existing test was that `UnexpectedNPE.java` is the perfect name for my test.
>
> Why not just updating UnexpectedNPE test with `Utils.runAndCheckException` calls?

I was just thinking the tests are quite different. Now I re-read it and maybe we can change the old code to call `generateCRLs` as well. The existing `encoded_x` are very simple and only invalid SEQUENCES, which is not at the level of X.509 or PKCS7.

Therefore I'm OK with reusing this test without the `generateCRL` flag.