RFR: 8334670: SSLSocketOutputRecord buffer miscalculation

Daniel Jeliński djelinski at openjdk.org
Tue Jun 25 08:17:14 UTC 2024

On Mon, 24 Jun 2024 15:57:57 GMT, Anthony Scarpino <ascarpino at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need a review to change the a fragment buffer size miscalculation error.   This appears when there are large handshake messages and hasn't been observed during application data.  This was found during testing of the NewSessionTicket change in [JDK-8328608](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8328608).  There is no regression test as the failure hasn't shown to fail every time.
>
> thanks
>
> Tony

Actually, I think this line needs to be changed too.

src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/ssl/SSLSocketOutputRecord.java line 171:

> 169:             for (int limit = (offset + length); offset < limit;) {
> 170:
> 171:                 int remains = (limit - offset) + (count - position);

Suggestion:

                int remains = (limit - offset);

Changes requested by djelinski (Reviewer).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19862#pullrequestreview-2137826139
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19862#discussion_r1652218588