RFR: 8319332: Security properties files inclusion [v11]

Martin Balao mbalao at openjdk.org
Thu May 2 20:38:55 UTC 2024

On Thu, 2 May 2024 19:07:50 GMT, Weijun Wang <weijun at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> src/java.base/share/conf/security/java.security line 69:
>>
>>> 67: # statement will override any matching property defined in a profile. In order
>>> 68: # to avoid this behavior, the include statement may be placed at the end of
>>> 69: # this file.
>>
>> It's probably better to place the newly added "Security properties defined after an include statement..." in an individual paragraph since it's not limited to "the latter case" (or you mean "last"?). Then you might not want to use the "profile" word since it's not defined elsewhere.
>
> Instead of "to avoid this behavior", how about "if you want the properties defined in the included file to override those in the main file"?

We reorganized the documentation, split it into paragraphs, numbered examples and made some other changes. Changes include an explanation of what it means to "inline" a file in terms of overrides (for security properties defined both before and after the include statement). Please have a look.