RFR: 8325766: Review seclibs tests for cert expiry

Matthew Donovan mdonovan at openjdk.org
Tue May 21 20:15:18 UTC 2024

For this PR, I identified TLS tests that can fail due to hard-code certificates expiring. I updated those tests to use certificates that are generated programmatically. This includes adding some helper methods to the CertificateBuilder class to create builder objects with common default values. The builder can be further customized to meet the needs of the test. I also refactored some of the tests to put common functionality in base classes, further reducing duplicated code.

This PR does not include changes to SSLContextTemplate and the tests that use it. These tests require significant refactoring to incorporate programmatically generated certificates and should be a separate task.

Commit messages:
 - 8325766: Review seclibs tests for cert expiry

Changes: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18958/files
  Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.org/?repo=jdk&pr=18958&range=00
  Issue: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8325766
  Stats: 7225 lines in 16 files changed: 693 ins; 6154 del; 378 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.org/jdk.git pull/18958/head:pull/18958

PR: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18958