RFR: 8303921: serviceability/sa/UniqueVtableTest.java timed out [v2]

Alex Menkov amenkov at openjdk.org
Wed Mar 15 20:05:27 UTC 2023

On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 02:41:18 GMT, David Holmes <dholmes at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Not sure removing the build directives was the right way to go. As per the jtreg tag guide:
>
> > A test that relies upon library classes should contain appropriate @build directives to ensure that the classes will be compiled. It is strongly recommended that tests do not rely on the use of implicit compilation by the Java compiler.
>
> so the problem is likely caused by missing build directives in the test(s) that fails.

This is long standing issue with NoClassDefFoundError for library classes.
As far as I got from reading similar issues there was a try to add build directive for failing tests, but other tests from the same directory started to fail with NoClassDefFoundError later, and now most of the test have no build action for libraries.
It seems to me that it's much simpler to remove build action from 4 tests in the directory than add it for other 55